Author credit Katerina Weissova
It is not really easy to identify the causes of your back pain because of the different activities that you do every day. This specific kind of pain may affect your posture and even your productivity. This is why you should not be taking it for granted. It is very important to determine how all the things that you do can affect your health. Always look for ways on how you can do your activities in a way that will not make your back suffer.
Aside from the preventive measures including using an inversion table to avoid back pain, there are also some activities that you can actively take to fight the pain. Here are some of the best ones:
Different studies have shown how yoga can be very helpful in relieving back pain. This does not only give you temporary relief but also strengthens you and makes you more flexible. You do not really need to get pain medication if you are suffering from back pain. All you need to do is to learn the different yoga poses that can help you relax. Do it regularly and you will notice how your back will improve?
Aim for Good Posture
Your posture is one of the things that you should be guarding if you do not want to experience problems that are related to back pain. Whether you are standing or you are sitting down, you need to aim for a good posture. Here are some ways on how you can maintain correct posture:
- Make sure that your bones and joints are properly aligned and your muscles are being moved properly
- When sitting, you should keep your back straight, your shoulders must be stretched backward and your buttocks should be touching the back part of the chair.
- While seated, you should make sure that the weight of your body is evenly distributed to both parts of your hips
- Always keep a right angle when you are bending your knees. Determine if you need a footrest or a toll whenever necessary.
- Whenever you are going to stand up from your sitting position, make sure that stand with your both legs straight.
Sleep with a Pillow Under Your Knees
Whenever you are sleeping, all the pressure is being placed at your back. This is one of the reasons why you sometimes wake up having back pains. This can be avoided by adding a pillow under your knees. With this, the weight of your body will be distributed evenly and you will be concentrated to your back.
Increase Your Calcium and Vitamin D Intake
People who have been experiencing musculoskeletal pain are recommended to get enough sunshine, also known as Vitamin D, in order to help them absorb more calcium. These two components should go together for a more effective result. If you do not have enough calcium in your body, the tendency if that your bones will be weak. This will then lead to pain. This is why you need to take enough amount of calcium and get enough sunshine for a stronger back.
Our muscles and bones need movements. This is why you need to actively engage yourself in activities that will make your mobile. You will notice that when you spend the whole day seated in front of the computer, it is harder for you to get up and you will feel the pain in your lower back. If you need to work and you spend most of your time in the office sitting and dealing with documents, you should consider standing and walking for a few minutes every 30 minutes. This way, you will still be able to move and exercise your muscles and joints.
Improper way of lifting will not only result to back pain. It has other more serious effects on the condition of your spine. Here are some tips on how you should lift properly:
- Make sure that your feet are shoulder width apart and one of the foot should be ahead of the other.
- Now bend your knees on the right angle. If you need to put one knee at the floor for a more stable support, you can do it.
- Keep your back straight and your chest out. Keep your shoulders back to keep your upper back straight. Now you can lift with your lower back slightly arched.
- Lift slowly and do not twist your back. The load should be close to your body and it should be at the level of your belly.
- Always make sure that you are adjusting your movements using your hips and your legs only.
Back pain is something that you should not be taking for granted. By doing the necessary steps to make your movements secure and safe for your back, you will be able to protect your spine. Do not carry loads that you cannot lift. Always ask for help in a time when you need to move furniture or something that is heavier than your weight. There are different things that cause back pain and most of these can be avoided. Do not do things that will only give you more physical pressure. Exercise but do not carry heavy weights. This way, you will not hurt your back. The nutrition in the food that you are eating is another important consideration. So, always do what’s best for your back.